Freeplay Energy Indigo Pluggable LED Lantern
Backordered till mid December
The Indigo LED Lantern from Freeplay is one of most reliable and dependable lantern on the market. Featuring heavy duty construction, and super-efficient bulbs that require no replacment , the Freeplay Indigo lets you have light anytime, anywhere. It thus offers a real alternative to grid electricity or fossil fuels, so you can feel cleaner about your nature experience.
On a full charge, the Indigo provides up to 2hrs and 30 mins. of continuous ultra bright light, and 70 hours of night light, using the LED cluster. The integrated directional task light will shine for up to 35 hours continuously when fully charged. A 60 second wind will provide an estimated 2 hours of shine time (on lowest setting). However, the winder would need to be cranked at the optimum charge level, which is reached as soon as the green charge level indicator next to the winder handle illuminates.
For use Outdoors or Indoors:
- Great lamp for camping, hiking or enjoying the outdoors
- Excellent for patio tables
- Handy task light makes the Indigo a convenient tool for illuminating hard to reach areas around the house
Why buy the Indigo LED Lantern?
Power and Shine Time:
- No disposable batteries required! : the cost of disposable batteries adds up, the renewable Freeplay Indigo makes disposable batteries obsolete thus, saving you money.
- Hand crank: the Freeplay self-charge mechanism converts over 74% of your kinetic energy into stored electricity.
- You can fly with our lantern: No need to worry about spare batteries or canisters when you are traveling.
- The LED task light is ideal for reading at night, and an effective flashlight for walking around the campground. The task light focuses downwards to illuminate the ground or a specific area.
- The Indigo is about the same height as a one litre/32 oz. Nalgene water bottle, with a smaller diameter. Thus, it has a familiar form factor, but is more compact than other leading camping fossil-fuel based lanterns.
- The heavy duty plastic molding makes it easy to carry and use in cold weather
- 7 ultra-bright LEDs which NEVER need replacement
- Self-sufficient power – AC/DC (optional), wind up
- LED Cluster – Night Light: 70 hours (from a fully charged battery) or 2 hours (from a 60-second wind).
- Cluster – Maximum Bright: 2 ½ hours (from a fully charged battery) or 5 minutes (from a 60-second wind).
- Task light: 35 hours on full AC charge or 1 hour after 60sec. wind
- 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
||AC alternator driven by the crank via a transmission.
||Non-removable rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack, 3.6V.
||Cluster: 7 Ultra Bright white 5mm LEDs;
Single LED: Ultra Bright white 10 mm LED.
||Cluster – Night Light: 70 hours (from a fully charged battery) or 2 hours (from a 60-second wind).
Cluster – Maximum Bright: 2 ½ hours (from a fully charged battery) or 5 minutes (from a 60-second wind).
Single LED: 35 hours (from a fully charged battery) or 1 hour (from a 60-second wind).
||Charge rate: 15 hours – 100% capacity.
If AC adapter included: 6V 100mA AC adapter (1.3mm centre pin positive jack).
If AC adapter not included: use standard mini-USB AC adapter (5-pin, 5V, 500mA).
||Height: 205 mm (8")
Length: 70 mm (2.7")
Width: 75 mm (2.9")
Weight: 452 g (15.9 oz.)
Read: 10 Cool Things about the Indigo LED Lantern
The Indigo Lantern has received an award as a 2007 Consumer Electronics Show Innovations Honoree.
Freeplay's Environmental Policy:
As part of it's environmental policy, and in accordance with the requirements of EU-Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances, Freeplay Energy will not intentionally include the following restricted materials to our products: lead, cadmium, chromium VI, mercury, polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs)